Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hershey's enters the health sweepstakes.

Recent research suggests that Dark Chocolate is good for you. Among other things it lowers your blood pressure, which is very good thing for diabetics.

People at Hershey's read the paper also and they've quickly introduced a premium line of dark chocolate, with the term cacao all over the wrapper. That's the ingredient of dark chocolate that appears to convey all those health benefits.

I don't trust them. I don't know why I don't trust them, I just don't.

I saw some of the new bars displayed near the checkout at the grocery this morning. I didn't buy any. I took a quick look, 18-19 grams of carbs per serving.

You can get 70% Cocoa Extra Dark Sugar Free Low Carb 3 oz. Bars, Twelve (12) Bars, (36 Ounces Total) with about 2g of carbs per 42g serving. It costs slightly more than Hershey's, but the lack of carbs is certainly worth it for a diabetic.

Dark Chocolate is good for you, but you can still skip the carbs and get even more health benefit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home