Sunday, January 6, 2008

Heart and diabetes

One of the risks associated with diabetes is an increased risk of heart problems. Diabetes causes circulation problems which can lead directly to heart problems.

Since I developed diabetes I've also begun experiencing high blood pressure and most recently high cholesterol, both precursors to heart disease. That's bad.

I've been having problems with a lack of stamina and shortness of breath after minimul exercise for about 6 months now, shortly after the high blook pressure problems begun and even before the high cholesteral problems showed itself. I've had a couple of EKG's and they havn't really seen any problems shown by those tests, but the shortness of breath is pretty extreme and not going away from the various meds I'm on.

I think I need to make another doctor visit and insist on a stress test, which monitors EKG changes while you exercise on a treadmill. This really needs to get fixed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home