Friday, December 5, 2008

Body Mass Index

Body Mass Index (BMI) seems to be the international standard for standardizing ideas about weight goals and ideal weight. It a measurement that reflects how well your weight matches to the ideal for your height.
Your Body Mass Index is the ratio of your weight and height. Actually the ratio of your weight to the square of your height. The standard measurements are in metric but you can use pounds and inches for your measurements and multiply the result of your weight divided by the square of your height by 703 for the conversion.


I need to incorporate BMI into my nutritional constraints and objectives for the diet linear programming model I'm working on. I haven't done that yet, but I will.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home